We all love a good Nando’s. It’s the perfect place for a no-stress first date on a student budget as Jack Whitehall knows:
However, some nights you just wanna stay in and get that delicious Peri Peri goodness all to yourself and BY yourself. So, we’ve got an awesome recipe for you that will help you satisfy your wildest Nando’s cravings.
NANDO’S CHICKEN MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 300g chicken thighs (roughly 4 thighs) - or pre-minced if you cba to blitz it yourself
- 1 tbsp Nando’s Peri-Peri Hot Rub
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 2cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Splash red wine
- Splash red wine vinegar
- 1 ✕ 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Nando’s Medium Peri-Peri Sauce
1. Blitz two of the thighs in a food processor until smooth then remove to a bowl. Place the remaining chicken into a food processor and pulse to a rough chop and add that to the same bowl along with the hot rub, 1 tbsp of the flour, half the garlic, the ginger, and half the coriander
2. With wet hands, form the mixture into 10 balls.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. When hot, fry the onions and remaining garlic until soft, then add the wine and vinegar and reduce till nearly gone. Pour in the tomatoes and Nando’s sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, roll the chicken balls in the remaining flour and when the oil is hot, brown the balls all over until golden. Then spoon them into the simmering sauce and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through.
5 Add the remaining coriander and serve up.
And voilà! There you have it. A super tasty Nando’s dish all in the comfort of your own home. Sorted.