The Perfect Post-Workout Snack: Peanut Butter Protein Balls💪
A post-workout snack is a must. A mix of protein and carbohydrates are essential in helping the body replenish lost energy while also helping worked muscles repair and recover.
Basically, if you want some gains, you're gonna need to make sure your body has the right stuff to repair and build muscles. Those fitness folks over at SCI-MX have shown us how to make some seriously tasty snacks that will help add some extra protein into your diet. Plus, they taste delish.
Best of all these little treats take 10 minutes to make, so you can whip up a batch pre-workout, let them chill whilst you're hitting the gym, then chow down when you're done. Plus, we've got a cheeky 35% student discount at SCI-MX too. 💪
- 225g cups rolled oats
- 75g vanilla DIET PRO MEAL protein powder (about 2 scoops)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 100g smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)*
- 3 Tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tsp (almond milk, milk, water etc…)
HOW TO MAKE EM
1. Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds, peanut butter, agave nectar & vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl.
2. Slowly add in milk/ almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time and using your hands mix all the ingredients together until you have a sticky ball.
3. Stick in the fridge for 10 minutes, remove and start rolling into little balls using hands.
4. Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Store in fridge until ready to eat. YUM.
And it's as easy as that. Tasty treats for your tum.