Bake A Sp00ky Treat: Mrs Lovett's Hearty Meat Pie Recipe 💀
(body parts optional)
- 500g of juicy, fresh meat with the trimmings
- A chunk of lard
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-prepared liquid stock
- 2oz flour
- More lard
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 egg
- Cut your meat into 1 inch cubes (my supplier kindly does this for me ;). I use a particularly SUCCULENT meat for an extra juicy pie. Heat lard in a frying pan until it softens, then add the meat. Brown it on all sides and keep to one side.
- Chop an onion, fry for 5 minutes. Then put the meat back and add the 1/2 teaspoon of flour. Add the salt, pepper and pre-prepared stock and simmer for a couple of minutes. Take off the heat and put the dish in the oven for about 2 hours. Prepare the pastry by sifting flour with the salt and adding butter and lard. I like this bit; get your hands dirty and knead all the ingredients together. Put the pastry aside in a cool, dark place.
- Roll out half of the pastry into a circle and transfer into a standard sized pie tin. Spoon int he filling and roll out the remaining pastry and put it on top of the pie to form the lid. Stab the pie lightly in a couple of places so that the steam can escape. Now brush the pie with a beaten edd and milk and put it in the oven (temperature 200°C) for 45 minutes.
You will end up with a very tasty, juicy and special pie that will certainly fill a hole or; for some, might create one...
Students can visit Mrs Lovett's Pie Shop in the London Dungeons with our 39% student discount! Tickets are available for as little as £17.66.